[WikiEN-l] Ad-free forever?

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Tue Nov 17 21:02:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Magnus Manske
<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'd interpret this as "if we reach $7.5M, Wikipedia will be ad-free
> forever". I really wish that'd be the case, but if not, people (from
> simple dudes to legal trolls) might come out of the woodwork screaming
> fraud.

Some might think that, but to me that means:  "Help us keep Wikipedia
Ad-free Forever -- donate."  It's not a promise, it's a dedication to
staying ad-free that we need help on from the donors.  It address the
"now" , while leaving open the possibility of ads in the future.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023