[WikiEN-l] How friendly are we to Newbies? Create an article as a newbie challenge now paused

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:12:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Ryan Delaney wrote:
> > Actually, it's the other way around. Deliberately writing a bad article
> that
> > should be deleted, but doesn't technically fit the CSD due to some
> loophole,
> > sounds like the definition of disruption to make a point. I'd have to see
> > test case to say that for sure.
>
> But CSD *isn't for deleting everything that should be deleted*.  So the
> fact that the article doesn't fit CSD but should be deleted anyway isn't
> a loophole.  Plenty of things which should be deleted don't fit CSD.

No argument there. What's important about this case is that (as it has been
explained to me, anyway) someone was deliberately writing a bad article with
the express intention of being a pain in the ass. That's gaming the system
in a disruptive way to make some kind of political point, and we generally
frown on that for obvious reasons.

- causa sui