[WikiEN-l] How friendly are we to Newbies? Create an article as a newbie challenge now paused

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:13:57 UTC 2009

Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If the title is valid, it is easier to turn it into a redirect and
> merge any content not already mentioned in the existing article (a
> s-merge as it is sometimes called). The failure to consider moving
> content elsewhere (and leaving a redirect to preserve the
> contributions history) is a common misunderstanding made by those who
> request deletion in such cases.

+!

Well, that's the point. If our sanitation engineers actually did what
real sanitation engineers do and actually salvaged things (nice coffee
table!), nobody would have a problem with deletion as a process.

And as for the philosophical aspects, we don't generally let nihilists
have too much control for the simple reason that they tend to turn
destruction into an -ism.

-Stevertigo
"Is that some sort of Eastern thing?