[WikiEN-l] WIKIPEDIA FOREVER

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Thu Nov 12 21:55:57 UTC 2009

geni wrote:
>> Is there an actual place to discuss the wording of such banners?
>>

> It's ended up a bit spread out but:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2009/Launch_Feedback
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2009/Alternative_banners

That's quite some feedback.

Has there been any data published? I'd be interested in click-through
rates and donation rates, especially as compared with the first days of
previous campaigns. Data on Twitter and/or blog reaction would be
interesting, too.

I'm personally not a big fan of the ads either, but if they were
substantially more effective, then I'd have to think about whether this
is one of those many occasions where my personal tastes diverge from
what makes a good ad campaign.

William