[WikiEN-l] WIKIPEDIA FOREVER

Oleg Alexandrov oleg.alexandrov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:38:43 UTC 2009

I have been a Wikipedian for five years. I am an administrator, I have
written tens of articles, created hundreds of pictures, and made tens
of thousands of edits. I love Wikipedia and all that it represents.

I find the current "WIKIPEDIA FOREVER" banner to be creepy. I don't
have good words to express it, but it does not feel the right way of
soliciting donations.

I would call upon the Wikipedians responsible for the banner to give
it a deep thought about what  message they want to convey to the
millions of visitors to the site. Thank you.