[WikiEN-l] Contextual text in Wikipedia

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:24:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 AM, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> From that blog, I see that the project caries the signatures of both
> Rajat Mukherjee, Group Product Manager, Search  at Google,  and
> Mathias Schindler, WMF .
>
> I am a little puzzled a tthe way it is implemented, from an apparent
> role account user page.  Is Mathias doing this as a personal project,
> or an official WMF projectt.

Hi David,

this project is entirely done as a volunteer effort on my side.

Speaking of volunteer work, I would like to thank everybody in
contributing feedback and code to the feature. The page has moved to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Google_Custom_Search based on
feedback from the talk page.

The syntax to include the Google CSE tool has been simplified, it is
now down to one line of code.

All in all, I am extremely pleased about the reception this project
has received. It is a test case on how flexible users can change their
own user interface and integrate more feature. I would like to
encourage everyone to experiment and to share his or her experiences
and code.

Mathias