[WikiEN-l] News agencies are not RSs

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:20:09 UTC 2009

Ethical problems in the RW are decided not by abstract principles but
of what actual people do, and we are inevitably influenced by our
social situation. Most (or almost all) people would enforce a rule
like do no harm much more strongly when the harm is to named
individuals whom they are aware of , and who are similar to them, and
when they judge the person involved as not being guilty of harming
others.  The current statement of BLP ignores this, presumably taking
it for granted.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.