[WikiEN-l] News agencies are not RSs

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon Jun 29 22:24:22 UTC 2009

>>> I don't think it's necessarily that people abhor compromise, it's that
>>> we have no way to privately discuss these things and nobody that can
>>> really impose a decision without discussion.
>>>

>> Actually, we do, the arbcom list, and possibly the functionaries list.
>> few decisions have been imposed without discussion, at least not a
>> general discussion. This is even more so is Jimbo takes the lead.
>
> Content decisions are not made by ArbCom, functionaries or Jimbo. The
> community aren't going to be keen on orders from on high that we're
> not allowed to question or get an explanation for.

They are, in extreme instances, and the inability of the editors as a
whole to either maintain confidentiality or even make a decision, (to say
nothing of the transparency of the software) makes such decisions
necessary. What has to get done, get's done. I have some doubt that you
would actually disagree with any decision that has been made in this way.

Fred