[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 01:32:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> > Good point, Emily. Ironically enough though, Arbcom itself doesn't
> > participate much in openly discussing its cases. Strange isn't it?
>
> Not really, doing the work is hard enough. Additional communication is on
> top of that. If decisions are made privately, it would have to be copied
> over again to make them public. The only alternative is to engage in open
> discussion on the wiki. They can talk about why they don't do that.

Well it was Erik who finally convinced me of the superiority of open-sourced
over closed-source technology. Open-source software allows for a greater
degree of freedom of movement, which itself has a synergistic relationship
with greater social freedom concepts in general.

So I agree with your implied meaning, that in a very short amount of time,
we can make it so that no one has to buy or else deal with Microsoft's
products at all.

-Stevertigo