[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

AGK wikiagk at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 27 13:14:45 UTC 2009

> No, but don't you think it might be a hindrance to getting the
> dispute resolved? Which precise problem are we trying to solve here?

A mailing list need not have a specific goal (and indeed it rarely
does); rather, it is simply a forum for discussion of a given topic -
which is often quite loosely defined. Consider
this: which problem is WikiEN-l trying to solve? It's not; the list exists
simply as a place for collaboration and discussion that would not be handled
as well on-wiki. As a rule of thumb, I prefer on-wiki discussions for
consensus-building, but I *do* think this list is a good idea - if for no
other reason but to see how well it works.

On another note: to safeguard against having this list sit uselessly if we
end up discovering we don't want to use it, we could agree to consider in,
say, three months whether the list ought to be closed down or not. We
already have quite enough lists that are barely (or not) used.

AGK