[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:44:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> > I would actually suggest two lists, if we could do this -
> >
> > One, an announce-only list which summarized ongoing dispute resolution
> > (arbcom cases, RFCs, community discussions of note elsewhere) for
> > those who find following all the threads on-wiki daunting with real
> > life time constraints.
> >
> > Two, discussion.
> >
> > Perhaps one list, but a regular posting of the announcements, but I
> > think some people would be more interested in just announcements.  I
> > would participate in both, but I think that giving some people the
> > option to just get the announcements is more respectful of their
> > bandwidth...
>
> I think this is a good refinement of the idea.

I personally don't understand the "announce" format or its usefulness,
George, but I have no objection.  I don't know now it would be populated
either, as it would require DR to get its ducks in a row overall. Maybe not
a bad thing, actually, but let's deal with the main discussion list first
though.

-Stevertigo