[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:06:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/6/27 Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:
> > It would allow subscribers to keep track of what is going on. It would
> > not try to engage in dispute resolution but discuss it and point to it.
>
> That's a different idea to the one I believe was originally proposed.
> I don't really object to your idea. I find it all too easy to stumble
> across drama as it is, so I'm not sure I see the benefit, but if
> people want to know where to go for the best drama, why not tell them?

I don't see Fred's ideas or insights as being particularly in conflict with
the idea I proposed.
In fact, as I proposed it, I didn't get into any particular details. I
simply assumed that if people
agreed on the general scope, they could also agree on the scope such a list
might have.

Indeed, someone who might be interested in getting help for a particular
edit conflict and might want to drop a note to the mailing list might like
not getting their head bitten off by someone on this one.

-Stevertigo