[WikiEN-l] Social ideas (was Hi there)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:56:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Isabell Long<isabell121 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't use it much either and I didn't in the beginning.  It's not
> very visible to me using the Monobook skin and I only glance at it
> once or twice when I'm browsing, nothing more than that really unless
> I want to seek something out and find other things available.

I use it relatively frequently these days, like once a week maybe.
When I'm bored, and nothing in my contribs list or stubs that I've
created needs any attention, I'll check out the list of tasks. I find
merging strangely satisfying, and usefully time consuming (eg 10-15
mins per merge).

Boy the Wikipedia GUI could be a lot better, but small tweaks aren't
going to do much. I assume the various studies about its usability are
intended to drive some new GUI effort.

Steve