[WikiEN-l] NY Times: Wired Editor Apologizes for Copying from Wikipedia in New Book

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Jun 25 23:26:58 UTC 2009

 One would *hope* (although I'm not sure I expect it) that a writer at Wired would know how to properly cite a primary reference through a secondary citation.? I don't think this is an issue with our page, it is standard practice when citing.? Some people are sloppy I agree, but when found out they should be also called out.? I expect that they probably just thought they could "get away with it".? Lucky they have people like me to give them a slap-down ;)

Will