[WikiEN-l] Google Starts Including Wikipedia on Its News Site

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:34:12 UTC 2009

2009/6/22 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> Journalists use each other's work all the time without, as far as I
> know, paying each other anything. It's a completely ridiculous
> complaint.

Various organisations such as AP make good money selling their
stories. There are still some freelance journalists left and
traditionally stories were purchased from local newspapers.

The complaint is that we benefit from their front line reporting which
is rather expensive for them without carrying out front line reporting
of their own.