[WikiEN-l] What sparked your interest in Wikipedia? (was Google thinks Wikipedia is a news source)

philippe philippe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:10:43 UTC 2009

> 2009/6/15 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
>
>> And then I ask what sparked other people's interests in Wikipedia,
>> and
>> a really long thread results.

I was trolling around the internet looking for information on
political candidates.  I found the article on Governor Brad Henry on
Wikipedia, and got seriously hooked.  I quickly discovered recent
changes and new page patrol.  Shortly after, I saw a posting asking
for volunteers to sit on the committee to elect board trustees.  Then,
adminship, and two years later I'm doing pretty much the same stuff -
I do a little OTRS, fewer admin actions than before, but more election
and policy stuff.