[WikiEN-l] Google thinks Wikipedia is a news source

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:45:57 UTC 2009

Just seen my first Wikinews link from Google news. Uploaded it to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24667756@N04/3626171622/

(sorry for the poor quality)

I also saw a google news link from the main "World" news linking to an article I'd created less than 24 hours previously - Harith al-Obeidi. Makes you wonder - what kind of criteria are they using? I'm extremely flattered, of course, but I wonder if they do a manual look through the article before deciding whether to link.

Andrew