[WikiEN-l] Request to help research group by providing feedback on Wikipedia-based visualizations

Commprac commprac at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 11 16:45:45 UTC 2009

Hello!

I'm part of a research group at the University of Washington. In
April, we met with some local Wikipedians to learn what they would
like to know about other editors’ history and activities (within
Wikipedia) when interacting with them on talk pages. The goal of those
sessions was to gather feedback to help design an embedded application
that could quickly communicate useful information about other
Wikipedians. We have now created a few images that we feel represent
some of what our participants thought was important. We would
appreciate it if you took a few minutes of your time to complete an
online survey that investigates whether or not these images would be
useful to you.  Your quick contribution would be very valuable to our
research group and ultimately to Wikipedia. (When finished, the code
for this application will be given over to the Wikipedia community to
use and/or adjust as they see fit.)

(One of our participants, an admin, recommended that we post this
message to this mailing list.  We've been getting really thoughtful
and informative feedback, and hope you'll want to contribute to this
project, too!)

Willing to spend a few minutes taking our survey? Please visit https://catalysttools.washington.edu/webq/survey/commprac/78947

Please feel free to share the link with other Wikipedians. The more
feedback, the better! The survey is completely anonymous and takes
less than 10 minutes to complete. All data is used for university
research purposes only.

Thank you for your time! If you have any questions about our research
or research group, our username is Commprac01 and we can be reached at commprac at u.washington.edu
.

Thanks!

The Communicative Practices in Virtual Workspaces Research Group

http://courses.washington.edu/commprac/