[WikiEN-l] Daily Mail article on Sam Blacketer case

AGK wikiagk at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:14:06 UTC 2009

I don't think speaking in absolute terms is a helpful way of looking at the
matter. Sam's actions weren't "heinous" nor "terrible", no, Giano—and yes,
his work as an arbitrator, as I have commented on-Wiki and elsewhere, was
largely solid; I always thought of Sam as one of the more decent
arbitrators, and my only complaint about his work was that he wasn't
terribly active.
Conversely, failing to disclose the other accounts he owned (one of which,
crucially, previously had its sysop flag removed by the Committee) was a
grave mistake, and not one I think the community will quickly forgive.
Charles is correct: electoral deceit is scandalous.

AGK