[WikiEN-l] Daily Mail article on Sam Blacketer case

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 8 16:25:28 UTC 2009

Durova wrote:
> Tough situation.  Even with David not talking, it's a little surprising that
> the background got presented like that.  It looks like the reporter didn't
> fully understand.
The Mail understands well enough, I guess, that (a) editing under a
pseudonym is OK, and (b) editing [[David Cameron]] is OK even if you are
a Labour party member. So "caught altering David Cameron's Wikipedia
entry" certainly misleads as to where the problem lies. "Although the
alterations were not inaccurate or overtly critical, many were
unfavourable." Yes, but were they or were they not "from a neutral point
of view"? Pah. Reporters know that difference, if they care to.  I'm
glad I generally don't have to read this stuff.

Charles