[WikiEN-l] GDFL compliance

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 00:59:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Andrew
Turvey<andrewrturvey at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just out of interest, what is "doing it right" in this context. Is a link to http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Houses_of_Parliament.jpg plus an extended text along the lines of, say, the bottom of http://www.answers.com/topic/bahrain-football-club required?

I think a link to the image description page would be better than to
the image itself -- the description page gives the author, license,
description, etc. and a smaller version of the image.

> I've seen (source:Wikipedia) quoted a few times on media pictures now.

Well, that's the media. :-)  They're used to being able to just say
random things like "source: Reuters" that make no sense whatsoever.
;-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023