[WikiEN-l] Rorschach wars continue

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jul 29 08:04:43 UTC 2009

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> Trudi Finger, a spokeswoman for Hogrefe & Huber Publishing, the
> German company that bought an early publisher of Hermann Rorschach’s
> book, said in an e-mail message last week: “We are assessing legal
> steps against Wikimedia,” referring to the foundation that runs the
> Wikipedia sites.

I would always take a statement like that as face-saving.  She likely
didn't have a clue about the legal aspects of the matter.  Everybody
should be allowed the time to consult with counsel, even if all that
counsel will say is to confirm our view.  Taking a position either way
without counsel could be viewed as irresponsible.

Ec