[WikiEN-l] A modest proposal - a recap of resolution-l

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:21:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to demonstrate that it has been achieved, usually be giving a
> link to the discussion where (almost) everyone was in agreement. All
> you had was a mailing list thread where not many people agreed and
> very few people participated at all.

Ah. Just looking through the list of current mailing lists:
Checkuser-l, functionaries-l, arbitration-l (sic), mediation-l (sic),
accounts-en-l, OTRS-en-l (also de, fr, etc.) - quite a few private
lists, actually, for such an open project.

I also note lists like daily-image-l and daily-article-l etc. - spam
basically.  Greenspun? 25K was enough to get someone's name as a
project and mailing list title? Doesn't look really resonant with the
illustrators, either.

I get the picture, and if there were a relevant substantive point to
be made here it would be something like 'There cannot be a
resolution-l mailing list, regardless of how well-purposed and useful
it will be, simply because we already have so many useless mailing
lists, as well as private ones that people don't have access to.

And am I to understand that all of these have been vetted in accord
with the same process you promote? Hm. Links, please.

-Stevertigo