[WikiEN-l] How wikipedia could link into File Protection.

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 09:33:53 UTC 2009

 No Jonathan, the alternative to admin-only-editing is not full protection.
Semi-protection allows established users to edit an article.
Established users are not the same as sysops, therefore the rest of the universe isn't non-sysops.
I'm not sure what makes one an "established user" exactly, but I'm one, and I'm not an admin.

I would vigorously oppose any attempt to extend yet more editing power to the admin category.
Admins are primarily supposed to have powers that affect meta elements, not the source text itself.? At least in a more perfect world.

Will Johnson