[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:03:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> The point is that discussion of the matter is much more likely to be
> effective there rather than here, because there is specifically where
> the official discussion is being conducted!
>
> It's an open list, anyone can subscribe to it or read the archive.

Maybe I'm being too nasty, but I feel like the people who should
participate in the wikitech-l discussion are, or at least, were,
participating in it. Would you really want all this noise over there?

Honestly, the question of which language to use is 90% practicality:
which language can we actually get an interpreter for, that is secure
and fast enough. Preferences for one style of syntax over another
don't really enter into it.

Steve