[WikiEN-l] Featured churn

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 14 16:28:53 UTC 2009

Ian Woollard wrote:
> If it does finally plateau half the days will be negative of course;
> and they'll become more common before we reach the plateau just due to
> randomness. But if we start having negative weeks, stick a fork in
> her, she's probably done!
>
> Do we have any plans for when we'll be taking the Wikipedia out of beta? ;-)

I think we should do a bot run with census data from 2001 for every tiny
place in India first, and get those articles cleaned up, before we
announce that the project has got to where it's going. Actually
3,750,000 articles sounds like a consensus figure for a couple of years
out ... it will be interesting to see what trends start looking
significant as we get closer.

Charles