[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 7 13:00:02 UTC 2009

Matthew Brown wrote:
> It strikes me that in the current Wikipedia template-programming
> system that we've managed to create a "perfect storm", a worse
> solution for everyone.  We're in, at least, the easy situation in
> which almost any alternative would be better.

To be fair, there are tens of thousands of template, they basically
work, and one can usually make a new one by finding an old one and
changing some text. This snafu is just that, the way WP works "in
practice not in theory". Not that the template issue shouldn't be
addressed when the kludginess starts hitting home; but as they say "Le
mieux est l'ennemi du bien" ([[:q:Voltaire]]). Fortunately your
sentiments are compatible with mine.

Charles
//