[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:News suppression (was: News agencies are not RSs)

philippe philippe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:43:24 UTC 2009

Agreed.  We should legislate/codify/write rules to the norm, not to
the exception.  That's the flaw found in too many organizing documents
(the constitution of the state of Oklahoma in the US comes to mind
immediately - they wrote it to the exception, ended up with several
hundred pages, and have to have a constitutional amendment almost
every year).  Organizing documents (such as rules/codes) should
generally be written very broadly.  If we write a new rule for every
situation, soon you have so many rules that no one reads them at all...

Philippe

[[en:User:Philippe]]