[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 1 04:39:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't see
> how any of that would be fixed by community discussion. I'm not even
> sure what community would discuss it - the core Mediawiki code is used
> by far more than just the English Wikipedia (or even the whole of the
> Wikimedia movement).

I have not forgotten what many of you have.

Any changes to the software must be gradual and reversible. We need to make
sure that any changes contribute positively to the community, as ultimately
determined by everybody in Wikipedia, in full consultation with the
community consensus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jimbo_Wales