[WikiEN-l] Watch out Wikipedia, here comes Britannica 2.0

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 18:15:55 UTC 2009

EB trades size for reliability.  They may get a fact wrong here and there or
be slightly out of date, but they aren't going to publish absolute hoaxes
and they're relatively family-friendly.

Whether consciously or by default, EB has opted for a niche market.  Where
can they reposition themselves if that niche market proves unprofitable?
Their window of opportunity to go head to head on an open edit format
probably closed in 2003.

-Lise

http://durova.blogspot.com/