[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 06:49:43 UTC 2009

Well perhaps I didn't state that in that particular post, but I have stated
it a number of times.

People who make a living *by* writing and creating web pages, would often  be
mollified by being given credit.

I don't consider crediting someone the same as stealing the image.   It's
really a grey area.  Some people don't want you even linking-in their  images
with or without credit.  Many sites will block that, even for  photographs of
things in the public domain.  So consider how they would  feel if you simply
print-screened the photo, and then uploaded it to  commons.

By the way, the example doesn't actually *prove* that she didn't ask for
consent, but that's a side issue.

The main issue is really to test the theory by using an image from a site
where we *know* they will complain isn't it?  I mean there's not much point  in
testing this by  stealing someone's photo who doesn't even notice or  care.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)