[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 06:05:36 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/15/2009 9:46:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

Okey so  you consider copying images different to copying formulas? The
endpoint of  your argument would be that if someone takes a PD image
and converts it  into SVG it is okey to copy it but if they put it in a
raster format it  isn't.>>
------------------------------
If you take a chemical formula and make your own drug out of it,  fine.
If you walk into a pharmacy and say "Give me your aspirin because the
formula is in the public domain, the will laugh at you or call the  police."

Walking onto a website and saying, well since the *underlying object* that
you are photographing is itself in the public domain, I think I'll just steal
your image of it, is the same example as trying to take a drug where the
formula  itself is public domain.

The drug thing is just a bad example.  It is not nearly close enough  to the
issue.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)