[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 05:04:51 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/15/2009 9:02:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

Well  yes. Just as I will ignore claims of copyright by the building
owner over  photos I take of buildings in the UK.>>

------------

Not a good example.
The building owner is not working your camera, you are.
You own the photographs you take, not the person who owns the object being
photographed.

But what you are advocating, is that if you take lots of photos, and post
them to your own web site, that any person wandering by who says "Oh that's an
image of a piece of art in the public domain" can just lift it off your site,
and plop it on theirs.

Without any credit to you, without any consideration.

That's quite different from taking a picture of a building.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)