[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 02:05:39 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/15/2009 5:56:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tracy.poff at gmail.com writes:

My  inexpert opinion is that convincing someone that they are required
to pay  you to use the material bearing the false copyright notice
would be  fraudulent intent, though I could be  wrong.>>

------------------------------

Thank you for the text of that.
Don't you think it's a bit odd to claim, that someone can steal the work of
someone else for no payment whatsoever ?  Copyright or no?

If I work, and place a claim of copyright on my work, and you just take it,
I really doubt that a *credible* excuse for theft is "he was claiming
copyright  without a real copyright".

It's still theft of the work of someone else's effort.

It takes me a few dozen hours to scan the pages of a public domain  work.  I
have a perfect right to expect payment for someone else to use  it.  That
capitalism.

Will

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)