[WikiEN-l] To boldy delete what no one had deleted before!

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:31:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM, White Cat
<wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> All it takes is the use of one extra word to eliminate nearly all fiction
> related topics. Naruto is among our top 20 most visited articles each month.
> Even so that doesn't get in the way if you are smart about it.
>
> So please tell me what exactly is the problem with fiction related articles
> as a whole?

Good point. I haven't seen this argument raised prominently before,
that fiction articles *don't* swamp our real-world coverage. It would
be worth trying to get more rigorous results from a wider survey like
this, and finding someone willing to help with some moderate form of
statistical analysis. The number of page views is also something that
should have more prominence in the debate, in my opinion.

Carcharoth