[WikiEN-l] MUD history dissolving into the waters of time

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jan 11 00:12:26 UTC 2009

toddmallen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Philip Sandifer wrote:
>
>> On Jan 10, 2009, at 2:11 PM, toddmallen wrote:
>>
>>> He might also choose to blog about his dog. That doesn't mean we
>>> should have an article on that either.
>>>
>> If his dog were an online game, i.e. his area of expertise, then yes,
>> his blogging about it would mean that. Or at least, be a good sign of
>> that.
>>
> Not really sure that holds water either. If it were an expert dog
> trainer blogging about their dog, that still wouldn't really be a
> reason for an article on that dog.
>
> Fact-checking and publication by someone other than oneself are
> required for good reason.

Maybe the dog is acknowledged expert in beta testing video games
designed for dogs.  By limiting electronic transmissions to data that
can be heard or seen we show our human bias in this medium.
Transmission of olfactory sensations could revolutionize the way that
dogs communicate on the internet.

Ec
.