[WikiEN-l] Low citation quality in BLP articles

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 22:02:20 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/7/2009 4:21:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wilydoppelganger at gmail.com writes:

Of  course, there are some.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alar_Toomre
cites a few peer reviewed papers,  although one is by the subject.  But
that's still only ~10% of the  total references, and the biography
mostly recounts the science he's  done.>>
I think in general biographical tidbits are not reviewed in the sense that
"peer review" is trying to project.

In a paper on "Mitochrondrial Influences of Bat-Wing Geese population
studies..." I don't think any of the *peers* are really *verifying* themselves
statements like "Mr Brown was born in Topeka and graduated from Bradford
University in 1982..."

What they are verifying, either with their own knowledge or by
experimentation or consultation, is the *science* in the papers, not the  biographical
snippets.

So my point, in this thread, is that I don't know of any actual
"peer-reviewed" biographical journals, who has biographies of living persons,  and whose
main or sole point is biography.

Will Johnson