[WikiEN-l] Low citation quality in BLP articles

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 21:58:01 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/7/2009 1:25:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mbimmler at gmail.com writes:

Mind
you, this doesn't mean that we should try to write  as"academically and
unintelligibly (to the general public) as possible, but  I'm referring to the
sources we use etc. - I think we should not lower our  standards just to
attract more readers.>>

Remembering that the thrust of this argument was specifically the use of
Encyclopedia Brittanica, news magazines and newspapers.  That doesn't
necessarily sound like a low standard to me.  Does it to you?

Will Johnson