[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 19:42:38 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/7/2009 1:43:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

The real  contributors function best in the topics that
interest them, and if  they're lucky they'll avoid the wrath of some
autocratic know-nothing that  wants to impose the literal interpretation
of obscure policy.

If  you do not find primary sources acceptable that's fine; don't use
them in  your own writing.  That does not justify your dictating such a
semantic distinction on others.>>

No organization can function with only fingers and no arms.
"...do not find primary sources acceptable" has nothing whatsoever to do
with my position or with policy.
And "your dictating" is a situation that does not exist. "Semantic
distinction" sounds a bit off-hand since most writers do use the terms "primary
source" and "secondary source".

I have never dictated my opinion upon others.
Perhaps you would want to read the thread again, from the beginning and see
why this line of thrust is not relevant.

Will Johnson