[WikiEN-l] "Who The Hell Writes Wikipedia, Anyway?"

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 3 20:45:37 UTC 2009

Heebie wrote:
> So it seems to me that Swartz's work backs-up Wikipedia as being a
> truly crowd-sourced project, and only goes against Wales' original
> remarks, which were a bit worrying in the first place. Or am I getting
> the wrong end of the stick here?
A two-layer model of how content evolves is more helpful than not.
Actually there are many more "layers" than that, but the details may not
be very illuminating to the general public.

But also going back a couple of years is to refer to a time when the new
content contribution was possibly at its peak (in proportion to the
total), and people were just getting the idea that they could post to WP
about their pet interests. In other words it was still in a phase where
we were looking at quantity over quality. The site is dynamic.

Charles