[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:37:29 UTC 2009

How would the blame maps work with people editing around vandalism? For
example someone either blanks the page or does extensive vandalism to it
(especially over the course of a couple days or a couple users). I would
imagine it would be fairly easy if the bad contributions just got rolledback
but would the old blamemaps still be reinstated if someone went in and
manually copy/pasted the old version (or something very close) in or would
the system count it as a new contribution?

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/31 David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com>:
>
> > I am a little concerned that we are adopting a metric into our
> > interface without adequate testing.
>

> It appears we're not and Wired completely jumped the gun. There is no
> timeframe for release of this thing even as an optional extra.
>

> - d.

James Alexander
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jamesofur