[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

Amory Meltzer amorymeltzer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:57:02 UTC 2009

Not saying I disagree with you, but with that in mind and looking at the
test example, I'd say that the more useful concept isn't the ability to rate
editors - which I could do without, it's a little too anti-AGF imho - but
its usefulness as a metric of how many people have edited a particular
section.  That would give every sentence some measure of "Wiki-ness," how
much it had been edited mercilessly.  I for one take dislike seeing masses
of paragraphs written by one or two people and would be far more likely to
comb through and copyedit or look for things within that section, no matter
who wrote it, than one with 10 or 20 editors contributing.  That's the part
that would be worthwhile.

~A