[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 31 17:33:57 UTC 2009

2009/8/31 FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Yes. Incredibly useful. What I'd like would be when colors are shown, if you
> hover over some text it pops up a hover of the user who wrote it and when it
> was written (the revision).

A simple version of that is already implemented. Go to

http://wikitrust.soe.ucsc.edu/index.php/Main_Page

and click the "check text" tab to see it, hover over a piece of text,
and click it. The hover shows the username, and by clicking it, you'll
get a diff. (This may not be the latest code.)

> A show/hide button on the screen, with "default status" in preferences,
> please. And maybe an interface issue to consider, having a narrow top bar
> that doesn't scroll, where status, flagged revision etc info can be put that
> will always be visible no matter where you are in the article.

There's definitely a need to consolidate the FlaggedRevs revision tag
indicator with any WikiTrust UI elements.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation