[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:30:36 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org>
Date: 2009/8/31
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Wired: Wikipedia to Color
Code	Untrustworthy Text
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

On 8/31/09 7:35 AM, Michael Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> According to Wired, WikiTrust will be enabled on Wikipedia. Does
> anyone know anything about this?

We've been planning to get a test setup together since conversations at
the Berlin developer meetup in April, but actual implementation of it is
pending coordination with Luca and his team.

My understanding is that work has proceeded pretty well on setting it up
to be able to fetch page history data more cleanly internally, which was
a prerequisite, so we're hoping to get that going this fall.

> It's also been picked up by TG Daily - http://www.tgdaily.com/content/
> view/43812/140/ - which says it's already in place.

That sounds a bit factually incorrect. :)

-- brion