[WikiEN-l] Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:56:41 UTC 2009

A bit like cryptography? If it needs obscurity to withstand gaming it's
worthless?

A metric like "this user's edits are routinely reverted" or "routinely
reverted on topic X" might be useful. Ditto a study of words used in the
revert edit's summary.

Beyond that I'm not convinced it's feasible to calculate a score for trust,
just because editors can edit in many different areas and ways. As an
extreme example, a FA editor or project page developer who uses BRD to
achieve more quicker, will score very differently from a POV warrior who
writes obscure but slightly skewed pages, or a sock user. the page text will
show reversion, recreation or aging which is useful... but the author's
trust rating will be very variable.

FT2