[WikiEN-l] "I should know this, I worked on the Wikipedia article..."

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 13:11:05 UTC 2009

Just last week I was out at a local flea market (is this the same phrase in
British English?), and I asked a junk-book seller if he's ever seen the
book "Foster Family" by Buddy Foster.  I explained that Buddy was Jody Foster's
older brother who had actually had a TV career several years before hers.
   The lady next to me wanted to argue about whether Buddy Foster had been
Andy Griffith's son, she said it was Ronny Howard.  That confused me because
Ron Howard *was* Andy Griffith's son.  The part I couldn't remember at the
time was... "as WELL".  Because Andy had two different shows.
   See that's what I get for not yet having my brain implant.

Will Johnson
P.S. A Flea Market (at least in American English) is where people bring all
their junk they want to get rid of, and spread it out for other people to
buy it for very low prices.