[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 73, Issue 110

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:01:52 UTC 2009

Daniel R. Tobias<dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:31:24 -0700, stevertigo wrote:

> {{fact}}... WHOIS shows that interpedia.org was regisgtered 16-Jan-
> 2005, and webpedia.org on 20-Jul-2004, which are both after Wikipedia
> was founded in 2001.

So I was wrong about those domain names being taken, unless there were
previous lessors not shown on the history. But note that I used the
dots (...) to indicate these as variables just so noone would get any
ideas about specific particular domains.

Still the point about the words semantics remains valid, though I
understand if we renamed the site - choosing to view ourselves under a
different concept than "quick[ness]" - then the only major popular
usage of a Hawaiian word in a formalistic educational context might
vanish from the Earfh: The philosopher/semanticist in me still wants a
change, even if the etymologist in me likes the idea that we use
something other than Greek or Latin.

- Stevertigo