[WikiEN-l] Well-sourced nonsense vs. unsourced competence

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 29 19:03:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 6:48 PM, stevertigo<stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Still, we see cases all the time where the fundamental components have
> been around for years and even decades - it took vision, not work, to
> figure out how to put them together in a better way. For example,
> 160-character messaging, technically speaking, is a limitation - not
> an innovation. ;)

Talking of Twitter, I read recently of some celebrity using it to
really say rather strong things about the bloggers and journalists
saying things about her. I won't name the celebrity, but some people
might be able to guess which one. What I'm wondering is whether that
counts as a source, and if so what sort and how and whether it should
be used (I'd say Wikipedia should hold itself aloof from gutter
journalism and celebrity wranglings).

Carcharoth