[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 18:15:30 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/28 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

>> Protection is a failure of the wiki model in the first place.
>> Discussion is a poor substitute for editing.

> Edit warring is a failure of the wiki model. We use protection to
> force people into a discussion model which works better in those
> situations.

Yeah, it's all imperfect. What I mean is, that's a bit of process for
a particular purpose, and if we need it with flagged revs as we do
with full protection, then we can reintroduce it when we do. I think
the lack of visible reward will be helpful in dealing with everyday
edit warriors. (If people with the reviewer bit edit-war with it, one
or both is likely to get a strong word at the very least.)

- d.