[WikiEN-l] Positives to publicity

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:34:33 UTC 2009

FT2 wrote:
> The reason for this is, when Flagged Revisions got into the press last week,
> a number of sources reported that Wikipedia would be recruiting 20,000
> "unpaid expert editors" as staff to check the articles....

I am actually curious as to where precisely did they pull that
particular figure of 20 000 from. It looks awfully specific, like
somebody might have actually used that number in some
context or another, and the media just completely fumbled
at understanding what the number referred to.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen